This episode is going to be another photogenic place with amazing food (seriously the best combination)…
Café Cancan seriously has their shit together. This is one of those restaurants where you walk in and you’re like YAAASSS. Because you can honestly tell that every little thing was thoroughly thought of. A+ for effort if you ask me. Even their washrooms are adorable (don’t have a picture for y’all, I’m sorry). Not only is this place beautiful on the outside, it is also beautiful on the inside :’) aka the food is amazing (duh or else I wouldn’t be writing about it), but also the décor is on point. Btw, this is a French restaurant.
Before we start officially, let me begin with a disclaimer which is the fact that I’ve only gone here once (because I just discovered it and ate there so I can’t hold it in anymore … I gotta share). So I can’t give you the best best list of recommendations (but the beauty is that each time I go, I’ll come back and update this list!) but I can definitely tell you the food I’ve already had and some of the things I want to try in the future.
This time, I went there for lunch (not brunch), but the next time I go, I’m definitely going to come when they’re serving brunch (only on weekends) and dinner.
MUST READ & ESSENTIAL DETAILS:
- Located @ Spadina & Harbord – not exactly right at the intersection but v close!
- If you are driving, there a bunch of street parking.. and here’s the best part… IT’S FREE! (thank mighty God)
- Reservations allowed – they’re really good about it!
- Exact address: 89 Harbord Street, Toronto, ON, M5S 1G5
WHAT I GOT:
Since it’s a French restaurant and I went with Lucas, I knew he wanted to try the escargots but it’s only offered at dinner… but thankfully the wait staff was nice enough to ask the kitchen and they made it for us at lunch anyway.
- Roast Beef Sandwich
- Escargots – THIS WAS AMAZINGGG omg. We got bread to go along with it and we ate every last drop. If you’ve never tried escargots I highly recommend trying it here!